Friday, February 22, 2008

Quick Re-cap


Okay to start off, Ben is NOT fishing and is most likely not smiling at the moment.  He is studying at the school keeping up on his classes (So that we can someday buy this mega-yaght 'Four Wishes')  Yeah, right, google it when you get a chance... we're talking $60 million PLUS!!  Where do people get that kind of money!  But we do enjoy seeing them up close.
Holdyn is doing what she does best...... just being adorable and into mischief.  One of her new favorite things is to get a hold of the end of the toilet paper and run and see how much she can get before I rip it off.  Then she uses what she has to wipe the mirror or floor.... she is quite the little helper.
As for me, Rachel and I went and had much needed massages yesterday.  We both received gift certificates from our great hubby's at the same day spa.  So I had the pre-natal and enjoyed it VERY MUCH!!! We're still walking every morning and feeling pretty dang good.


Holdyn spends her spare time playing with this great game.... Elefun.  It is a little elephant with about a 5 ft. trunk that blows out butterflies that Holdyn can run around and catch with her net. She LOVES it!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Palmer!
We also made it to the SXM Zoo a few weeks ago.  It is quite small and full of random birds and a few other animals, but fun to get out nonetheless.  One of her favorite features is the playground we play on after we see the animals.  She especially loved the dolphin swing.  

Here we are in the Reptile cave.... it consists of about 8 snakes... we are next to the python.  
One of the other favorite features is the 8 zillion random peacocks running around loose. Yes they were going through the playground and picnic area when this one decided to strut it's stuff.  We stayed as far away as we could though.... except to take a couple pictures.... aren't these birds supposed to be mean?  I didn't want to take any chances!
Here is another picture I just got from Stephanie of the Dinner Cruise.  This is the group of us that went.  L to R  Stephanie, Brandon, Cody, Rachel, Me and Ben.  It was sure a great night!
We also called a friend Hanna, when we went by her apt complex.  She has a great view and took some fun shots of the boat for us.  In this one we are the group on the front (Left) of the boat.   Thanks for the pics Hanna!  

We're doing great and are hoping to find out if it is a boy or girl in 2 more weeks.  I have to mentally prep myself for each pre-natal appt.  But, things are going great soo far! 

7 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

PERFECT!! ok Love LOVE LOVE those shots of Holdyn. and the 'elefun' SWEET!!

*Remember Shelly S. had peacocks...they totally freaked me out with all their 'crying like a baby' NO GOOD. i would not do well at the St. Maartin Zoo, thanks for NOT taking me there...Birds are NO Good!!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

YEY only two more weeks! I can't wait to find out what you are having! Holdyn is so cute in that picture!

Heidi said...

I betting your having a boy. Just a guess but we really need some more boys in he family.

Emma said...

Island life looks so bliss!!
And my parents have a bunch of peacocks at their place. They're not mean, just nervous animals. I don't much care for them & all their crying either, but they keep the snakes away so they can stick around!

Julie said...

Only two more weeks til you find out huh? That is really exciting! I am getting the boy vibe. Actually it just seems like everyone I know is having a boy.

Good luck to Ben with all the studying :P

I love looking at the warm weather on your blog! I am totally jealous. We drove up to the bay today, and the lake is frozen over. We saw people out ice fishing. What I would give for a trip to a warm zoo even with scary peacocks!!!

Spencer and Mindy said...

I agree! i hope you are having a boy!! the Bakers are in need of more boys for sure!! lol

Stucki Family said...

I love the pictures and I am so glad I can keep tabs on you now! It looks like so much fun living there! I wish we could come visit! Our two crazy children would drive you guys nuts though! I told my mom you think her new hair cut is hot and she said to tell you that she misses you! We love Elefun at our house too! I don't necesarily enjoy playing it (which Blake insists that I play with him), but he loves it! Oh, by the way, my prediction is that you are having a girl!