Monday, November 29, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We've had a fun weekend getting ready for the Holiday season!! Tonight for Family Home Evening we made our gingerbread house....I think we ate more candy than we put on the house, but it was sure fun for us and the girls!

We decorated our house on Saturday and on Sunday morning when Holdyn came out into the front room she was soo excited and asked if there were presents from Santa for her. We told her no, but had her look outside. She did and there was snow!! She started dancing around singing that "It's CHRISTMAS!" It was so cute and fun! She is at a great age. Anyway, she hurried and put on her clothes and boots and ran out into the snow....we watched from inside and she came back in pretty quickly....both girls like to sing, "Baby it's cold outside."
Here is our little house with a few decorations and lights up. Just a few more to do and we will be ready for Santa!
Both girls crashed on the couch after we finished decorating the tree.

The stockings have been hung with care.....notice how mine is a wee bit shorter and yellow...that is because it was my stocking from when I was born and my cute mom made the others as they've joined the family. What an AWESOME talent she has! Thanks for sharing mom! Anyway, we are VERY excited at our house for Christmastime to begin!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hahaha, I love that Ben's stethescope is hanging by the stockings. That is totally something we see around here too. Hope you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Your decorations look great!

Rinez said...

Everything looks so festive! You helped inspire me to get the decorations up!

Heidi said...

It all looks great. I love your guys house so cute. Cute pictures.

Nancy Hicks said...

I love your house!! The stockings are cute too, I made 6 this year...taking over the task for my mom. You can wash yours in cold water and lay flat to dry, then iron with a damp towel...it should take out the yellow. Cute family you have.
Love Nancy

Wendy said...

Congratulations on Ben finishing medical school!!! You deserve to celebrate alright!

I love the fun happy Thanksgiving pictures and cute Christmas decorations! The stockings remind me of the ones my mother-in-law has had made for all of her kids and grand-kids. Hope you are all doing well!

katy said...

I wonder if your mom will make me stockings for my family if I pay her. You should ask her. I hope all is well with you. Looks like you are having a lot more fun these days since Ben is home. Your girls look so healthy and happy. Crappy about those monthly appt. you have to go to. You come to my mind a lot and I wonder how you are. I have just been so lazy and tired these days so I'm not on the computer a lot. If you every need to talk you know how to get a hold of me.