Friday, October 19, 2007

Lobster Anyone?????



Heck YES we have fresh Lobster!!! Last night Ben, Justin and a David (from Church) went night snorkeling for lobsters. They all had their underwater flashlights and went to town! They sounded like they had a blast.... seeing stingray's, octapus', and squid... but the best were the lobsters that were everywhere (so they say). They left about 11pm and didn't return until 2am... leaving Hillary and I nervous that they'd turned to shark bait. But we were thrilled to see they had fresh meat when they returned :) I think this is the closest thing to hunting that they've been able to do on the island. So the guys had to take David home afterwords and left Hillary and I to deal with the live lobsters AKA put them into the boiling water...... Hillary was super brave (you can tell by the expression on her face... keep in mind this is about 2:30am) and grabbed them to put them in the boiling pot while I was the brave photographer... Hee hee!

If you are wondering... these are not from the lobster trap. The guys just snorkeled around and grabbed them with their hands. They do have some serious modifications they are going to be doing to the trap soon... I'll keep you posted!!!

9 comments:

Jackson's said...

Holy COW!!! Or should I say HOLY LOBSTER! I wouldn't touch that one of those things for anything. Hillary is brave. What a yummy treat for you all. I loved the post Jill.

jaesi said...

How hilarious! Are lobsters free for the catching or do you have to have some sort of tag to do that?
I love the pictures.
Howd they taste?

Spencer and Mindy said...

Oh my Heck! that is CRAZY!!! spencer says he's jealous: he's craving Lobster right now...and that they saw so many cool creatures under water!! next time we're at the ROCK, your taken spencer Night snorkeling!! :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Too crazy and too fun! I can totally see my husband getting caught up in lobster diving!! How was it?!? Amazing I'm sure!

hkangoh said...

LOVE the pic of Hillary!! haha!
I cannot believe you guys had lobster! I'm totally jealous! Love the post! Can't wait for the lobster trap to work, though.

The Isoms said...

Great Lobster! Did you eat it at 3:00 in the morning?!

Holly Woolsey said...

oh my goodness! I couldn't do it...

Morgan said...

that is really funny! How did they turn out?

ashreims said...

That is nuts! How cool that they caught them with their hands! Very cool!