Saturday, October 20, 2007

A quick Snorkeling Date!

Ben has been using every waking moment studying for his next exam on Monday.... but everyone needs a break! I'm sure glad he needed a break yesterday. Holdyn went down for a nap, we turned on the baby monitor and Hillary listened to our sleeping babe while we ran down to the beach and did some snorkeling! It is soo great to have these "quick dates" with Ben when he gets a minute. It is good to be reminded that we do live in a Tropical Paradise!Here is Ben diving down to see if there is anything under the rocks..... I'm definitely not brave enough to even want to see if there is anything in those dark holes!!
Here's me taking a go at diving down. It definitely takes skill that I'm still working on aquiring.
Here are some of the HUGE school of fish that wouldn't leave us alone. It was kind of fun to be in the midst of them.

10 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

Sweet Pic of the snorkeling dives!! (cute board shorts) Miss you guys and the beach!

Emma said...

I think Ben is crazy diving down to find sea creatures in dark hole.. in the water, that reminds me of a nightmare I had once.
You guys have thee coolest life ever, always something fun and new. How was the lobster?

Spencer and Mindy said...

*oh and cute pic on the side of the family! too cute!

ashreims said...

That looks like fun! You didn't put an shells down your suit did you?? LOL Glad you got to spend some time together!

jaesi said...

hmmmm how would it be to have a quick date of snorkeling??!!
So fun that you can do that.
And we have neighbors that do the moniter baby watch thing...its soooo nice!

Julie said...

Wow that is so cool!! Snorkeling looks kind of scary, but amazing! I am pretty jealous about the "quick date" too. David has to study every moment this week, but then anatomy is OVER! Yipppeeee! So how did your lobster turn out? Did you find a Halloween costume for Holdyn yet? We went to a pumpkin patch last week and picked pumpkins right out of the field. I wish I could send you one. Talk to you later.

Julie

Holly Woolsey said...

I think this looks like so much fun, but I will admit that I'm not sure how the snorkel works. Doesn't is get water into it...Silly, I know, but I truly don't know...

Anonymous said...

Holly- Yes water will run into the snorkel. For the most part we just float on top and keep our snorkels above the water to breathe... BUT, for those brave souls..... I definitely don't put myself in this category... you take a deep breath and dive down closer to the bottom to grab shells, or just to look around. I usually don't dive to deep LOL.

-Jill

Rainee said...

Looks like fun! :)

Jamey said...

Jill- I just found your site - it looks like you and your family are having so much fun! I always wonder what you are up to when we go to my in-laws across the street from your house. I always love to go by there when all the christmas lights are up - Well, I just thought I would say hello - It looks like you are doing well, I hope you have a happy halloween!

Jamey