Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A fun day out

Well, since we are living in a hotel room, we've been trying to get out and find some place for the girls to use some of their energy.  We were driving around and found a petting zoo and pony rides in a mall parking lot.  We pulled right in and Holdyn couldn't stop talking about the horses.  So we went right over and she could have rode around and around all day long and been happy.  It was a little taste of home... since she cries at least once a day wanting to go "home."  Poor kid!   She did have a blast on the pony.  (You can't see it in the photo, but Knotts Berry Farm is Right behind the trees.  It is only 2 miles from where we are staying.)  

  We also went to a VERY nice park near the La Mirada City Hall.  There is Frisbee golf, and a huge pond for fishing and feeding ducks/geese, a trail that goes through and around the park, and a couple of great playgrounds.  Anyway, we went to feed the ducks and to check it out.  We had a great time!  
Here is Ben blowing some saweet bubbles, Holdyn and I chased them.
Here is the Fam by the pond.
I'm not going to lie, the geese sort of freaked me out.  I remember my older brothers getting chased by Grandpa's geese to get us feathers when we were kids.  The only geese I've been around were mean suckers.  So I was nervous around them, but the ducks aren't so bad.

1 comment:

Rainee said...

Lol, if it makes you feel better, I get pinched by a chased geese when I was little. Pinched me on my butt! So yeah I know how you feel! But we're bigger than them!