Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I forgot what I was missing!!!


It has been a VERY busy week but here is a quick summary! My mom flew down to St. Maarten for a few days and helped us get ready to move to our new apt, and to fly home with Holdyn and me. It was a quick but fun few days!! THANK YOU for all of your help mom!!
Then we said a very sad goodbye to Ben! Who we are still missing VERY badly! Ben will be joining us in one week!!! We LOVE YOU BEN!! Our trip home went well.... it was 3 different planes and 13 hours.... but we survived.... Holdyn only slept 1 HOUR!!! But she did great. I can't complain. We finally made it to Las Vegas where my dad picked us up and drove us to St. George! It was SOO nice to be home!
After we moved to St. Maarten, my dad bought this car... Holdyn really likes it!
We were also met there after our long day of traveling by Holdyn's Auntie Mindy!! After a short night we got up and got ourselves ready to our family Reunion! We drove up to Beaver Mountain. It was about 10,000 ft. elevation and I was at sea level the day before..... so I was short of breath for the first day or two....oh and it was COLD!! It felt great to have to put on a sweatshirt!!! We did some hiking.

Holdyn had fun with Grumpa Baker and his hat! She also had fun in this little chair and her cammo overalls. She went on a few four-wheeler rides..... and LOVED it! She played with her cousins! Here she is in the trailer just chillin! Here I am on the fourwheeler near Mt. Belknap. The shale mtn in the background has been a favorite to climb for the last 17 years.... sadly I wasn't in any kind of shape to make it up this year. It took some getting used to but Holdyn finally decided it was better to wear the hat and long pajamas.... than to be cold! After our 4 days camping we went to Fredonia to say hi to Grandma and Grandpa Cluff. Here is Holdyn with Ben's Mom. Here is her cousin Emma. Then we were able to catch up with some friends for lunch. It was GREAT!!! Thanks guys!

Well, that's a quick summary, tomorrow we are driving to Salt Lake City to see Great Grandma Oakeson and then up to visit the Palmer's. (Charlton's family) Then, this weekend we are having all of my brothers and sisters and families get together for a mini reunion. We are having a BLAST and staying very busy. But we REALLY miss Ben! We are praying for him to do well on his upcoming finals! Then we will see him next Thurs!! YIPPEE!!! Thank you gals there (Candace and Hillary) who are taking care of him and making sure he is fed! I owe you bigtime!

5 comments:

No longer exists said...

Oh my goodness! The pictures are great and you can tell that you are having a blast! It is so beautiul there!! Holdyn looks adorable in her hat and I'm jealous that you got to wear a sweatshirt...justkidding!

Spencer and Mindy said...

I love all the Crazy FUN pic's...and also that you and i are wearing the SAME SHIRT while we are holding HOLDYN...different days, but same shirt!! Love it!!

Emma said...

I'm sure it feels good to be HOME!! You guys look like your having fun and staying super busy.
I love Holdyn's camo. Every girl needs camo!

jaesi said...

Jill, sounds like a BLAST!!!
Im sure its quite the change coming from a tropical island. You and Holdyn look so beautiful!

The Isoms said...

Looks like camping was fun and that Holdyn enjoyed it! Going to lunch was FUN!