Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Where did all the Water go??

AARG! We've had the water on and off the last few days.... mostly off! This is the first article in St. Maarten's "Daily Herald" Newspaper this morning!!!!

"Water shortage
plagues island


~ Water to be bought from French side ~
PHILIPSBURG--Residents in several areas across the Dutch side woke up yesterday to a slow trickle of water and in some cases no water at all, prompting the Island Government to consider alternative sources of providing water."


So they are supposedly "working on it." We will see..... for those of you in the good old USA... be thankful that when you turn the water on it comes...... and when you switch the light switch.... you get light! We've never had so many power/water outages in all our lives!! But, hey, one more reason to be greatful for where we are from!

Hope you all enjoy your showers today... take an extra long one for Ben, Holdyn and me!

10 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Man I would be onery without running water! Good for you for dealing with it so well! I think of you as I'm showering this morning!

Spencer and Mindy said...

Oh SAD! :(
Yesterday i was SO cold all day that i had to go home and soak in a super HOT bubble bath... :) it was GREAT!
(sorry about your water/power issues) let's all hope and pray they get THAT taken care of SUPER Quick!

how you feeling these days?

Sara :) said...

That just wouldn't be fun.

Emma said...

How ironic that you're surrounded by water and you can't use any of it.
Hopefully you can take that bubble bath you're dreaming of soon!

No longer exists said...

Ha ha! It sure has its perks in Paradise! I miss you guys!!! I totally understand about the water deal...it has been a huge bummer this week!

jaesi said...

I am soooorry! Hows about a little bubble bath in the pool?
yes...I want to know how far along and what you feel like too!

Pauline said...

I'm sorry to hear that also. Here in Leeds we also have alot of powere outages but water we are ok on. Do you want me to send a filteration system and you can use that beautiful water surrounding you JK Hope you are feeling as good as you can feel at this point good luck with the water and power.

Jackson's said...

Don't you know that it wouldn't be St. Maarten if there wasn't a daily power outage or water shortage. I mean come on Jilly! LOL. I am just trying to keep up my spirits because I haven't been able to take a shower in 24 hours. ARG!!!!!! That is all I have to say about that....

Cluff Family said...

Okay, so I don't have a tub... just a shower... so the bubble bath is out of the question... no tub, no water... just bubbles I guess.

I'm due around June 21.... which puts me at 10 weeks pregnant and so far so good... I've been feeling fine. I am getting nervous about having a baby out of the country and in a third world hospital... maybe I'll just have Ben deliver it at home... hee hee.

-Jill

Julie said...

How crazy to be on an island surrounded by water, but have a water shortage. And where do you get more? Strange. It really makes me grateful for all that I have. Thanks Jill!

Julie