Saturday, February 26, 2011

An AMAZING weekend!

Last night Hillary Weeks (A very popular LDS musician) came to town and did a private concert for Whitni Reese's family and close friends. It was certainly AMAZING! She is so funny and personable. There was a really small group in the Old Relief Society house in Washington, UT. She spent two hours talking and singing and playing some of her songs.

(Kandice Cluff, Jill Cluff, Whitni Reese, Kate Bair, and Hillary Weeks)
We laughed, we cried, and a few of us had the opportunity to share thoughts and feelings and our testimonies. It really was a fantastic night. I'm so glad she took the time to come. Whitni told of her experience of having a blessing from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. It was definitely a night I will NEVER forget!
Me and the girls also spent some time at Grumpa and Grandma's house and in the hot tub. It was perfect since it has been cold and rainy since we got here! I also took advantage of the babysitter (my parents) and went to Massage Envy and cashed in on an hour massage that Ben gave me. It was just what I needed. It has really been a relaxing and spiritually uplifting couple of days!

2 comments:

Maryann Boden said...

My name is Maryann Boden. I actually found your blog looking up percussion vests. My daughter MacKenzie was born with a condition where her esophagus was not formed correctly in the womb (tracheoesophageal fistula and esophageal atresia). I have a group on facebook and a lot of the moms in my group have been talking about the vest so I thought I would do some research and found your blog. I read it from the beginning. It took me all day...I know that sounds strange that I would read a strangers blog (years worth) but you have an amazing life and amazing family and I didn't just want to skim...having a 3 year old who has problems that she has had since birth and will effect her for the rest of her life...I wanted to hear your whole journey. You are so strong! You, Ben, Holdyn and Kimber are so lucky to be blessed with eachother!!! Thank you for sharing your life on this blog. I have shed a couple tears reading it. Oh and btw I have never read anyone's blog before, your's is my first. I think you may have inspired me to start blogging!

Mary Jane said...

Jill, I heard tonight that Whitni has cancer. I cannot believe it. My heart just breaks for her and what she has to go through. I can't stop thinking about her- life is so precious. Just wanted you to know I have been thinking about you, whitni, and hoping for the best.