Friday, June 6, 2008

It's been awhile!


This is a pretty great picture. Holdyn loves to 'stretch' on her ball just like mom and dad. I'm on Ben's computer because my MacBook is having attitude. It won't boot up! Anyway, It's been awhile since we updated. Things are progressing with the pregnancy and we'd love to have this kid anyday! I do get to go to a Breathing Class tomorrow with the Midwife.... I'm quite excited about it :) It has been super hot and I've had a rough week...

-I've changed a tire (Nobody stopped to help... I couldn't believe it! 9 months prego and a toddler in the car... but hey, I felt like I had accomplished something when I finished!!)

-Went to the tire repair shop and the repair man and his boss had a full on 'yelling match' while I was the only customer there. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the day, but miraculously I survived. I got an earfull from the guy we lease our car from.. I had to call because we had a bulge in another tire and the repair guy didn't think I should be driving on it in my "condition" AKA HUGE w/child. But we got it all worked out after only a couple of hours...AARG!

-The power has been out two different days!

-I went shopping and had an ornery/tired/hungary toddler....a cart-FULL of groceries and other supplies I was stocking up on and got to the register and the credit card machine was down.... so I left my cart... found and ATM... it wasn't working.... found another ATM.... also out of service.... then finally discovered the whole System was down on the island for the day. So I just gave up and went home.

-I was home just about relaxed when a few neighbor boys banged on the door. They'd been playing soccer just outside and somehow broke the water pipe. I opened it to find our water meter/pipes broken and water shooting down the road! Nobody was home ANYWHERE to help me find the stupid shut off valve. Needless to say I now know where it is!

-I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped sweating for, lets see.... 9 months!

-I have shut the rest of the week out of my mind... it's all sort of a blur now :)


Now that I've vented. Life really isn't that bad! Ben is doing well in school and Holdyn has been a trooper. I really can't complain too much! I am just ready for this next kiddo to be out of my body and for my computer to be fixed :)

18 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I would have been kicking and screaming by the end of all that! You are one tough cookie. Seriously, you are amazing!!! I hope you are feeling good and I can't wait to see little Kimber in a few weeks. Yay!

The Isoms said...

Sounds like you are having WAY to MUCH FUN!! Sorry for the rough week! Can't wait to see Kimber.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering how things are going! I'm sending good vibes for 1. a better week next week and 2. Miss Kimber to make her appearance! Hang in there girl your almost there!

Heather B said...

Cute picture. I can't BELIEVE no one stopped to help you change the tire!!

jaesi said...

jill jill jill.....sorry. thats all I have to say.
And holy moly you are getting CLOSE!

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh man! You've had some rough happenings! I hope the next week goes a lot smoother!

Pauline said...

Good luck with everything Jill and I would say that you are a trooper right along side of your cute little girl. Hope Kimber comes in a timely manner.

Jamey said...

I am so nervous that I will get a flat tire...You would think someone would have helped you out. I always thought it was rude when I would ride Trax 9 mo. prego, and it was so crowded that I had to stand, and the guys wouldn't give up their seats. Don't they have any idea how uncomfortable we get!

I hope you have a better week...good luck with everything!

Spencer and Mindy said...

I hope Kimber get's here this week, I wanna win the Poll... :)
Dont forget to call me when the BIG moment arrives...well, you can wait til after the delivery if you wanna!! :)

*don't forget i'm buying you a frosty when you get here!

Jackson's said...

I am so gosh darn sorry. What a terrible island week. Just think those days are almost over and you will be back in the states. YEAH! I am also sorry you are so hot. ARG~! I feel the pain on that one. Michigan feels like the island and being preggo doesn't help. Keep me posted on this little one's arrival. Good luck to you SHE-RA.
Miss you tons

Julie Kohler said...

Oh Jill, what a week! you are amazing, and hey, maybe all the craziness will 'encourage' Kimber to make her grand entrance soon! (I hope!) I can't wait to see pictures, but more so I can't wait til August when you will actually BE here!! Hope everything goes a little smoother from here on out, you deserve it. :) Yes, that AND a GIGANTIC frosty!

Heidi said...

I can't beleive that you only have two weeks left. I 'm so excited to see little kimber. I can't beleive no one stoped to help you change your tire. I would of been so mad. what a trooper you are. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Yey for Kimber's soon arrival! I was complaining about the heat and sweating today and then when I read your post and I think about what you are dealing with .... St. George doesn't seem so bad! haha :)

Rachel said...

That is what you call a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week Jill! I noticed on your baby counter that you only have 17 more days to go....you can make it!

Sara :) said...

I can't believe your getting so close. We can't wait to see little Kimber!

No longer exists said...

But how could this have happened to you, this is the "FRIENDLY ISLAND..." I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this stuff! I can't wait for Kimber to make her debut! Hope your days are getting better! Let me know if I can do anything to help! :)

Cluffers said...

Jill Hey i couldnt find your blog until now and I have finally found it. yeah! Well I have been an awefull no good very bad friend and it sounds like you have had an awefull no good very bad week. I am so excited that you are going to pop here any day now. Good luck with that! We love ya!
Kandice

Rainee said...

Wow you went through a lot!! Lol, wish you luck in having the second one really soon.