Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Random Stuff

**Before I start....you can click on the pictures to enlarge and get a better look. FYI**

So a few random things have happened the last couple of days. Last night...Ben was up late studying in the front room and I had just fallen asleep when we hear...BANG...Bang...boom b-bang!!! At first we thought it was gunshots just outside! Then after Ben and I both freaked out....we noticed that a house across the bay was lit up with fireworks!! It was after 10:30 when they started. We're not talking just your play at home firework display....this was comparable to St. George's 4 of July!! There were a lot of people who heard it but couldn't see what was going on and thought the island was being bombed!! CRAZY! It turned out great...Ben and I just sat on our balcony and watched the 15-20 minute firework show. It was really neat...we could see the reflection of them on the bay. The pictures aren't the greatest but at least you get the idea. It was pretty cool.


Random thing #2 are these little lizards. We've got a few of them running around outside and inside of our house. We actually like them.....they keep down on the bugs. It is just a little startling when they run across the wall next to you!!! Well, the other night...Ben had gotten up to go to the batheroom. He walked in and hadn't turned the light on yet when he feels a "Squish" under his bare foot!!! YIKES!! He totally squished one of our little lizards! We were laughing soo hard! No more going to the batheroom without shoes for me!!


Random thing #3. THE MONKEY RETURNS!! Those of you who are moms...know that everytime you go anywhere your arms are loaded. Well, I was headed out for our morning walk this morning and I had Holdyn in one arm and my keys and water bottle in the other. I had just walked out and turned and closed the door. I locked it and turned around when I saw the monkey....about 5 ft from me...sitting on the porch railing!!! We looked at eachother...then I turned around and unlocked the door. I ran in and put Holdyn on the floor, grabbed the camera...but didn't get back quick enough to get a good picture before it jumped over the wall! We've gotta start feeding this thing! It's soo cool to see it up close!!

Random thing #4....I just had a few cutsie pictures of Holdyn. Here she is!






6 comments:

Crystal said...

That lizard squishing is SO gross. My little sis (Lacey...do you know her?) stepped on a stink bug with bare feet as a child & it has seriously scarred her for life. I can only imagine her horror if it was a lizard!!

Heather B said...

Yuck!! We have those teeny lizards in Hawaii too, and I about web my pants one day when I reached for something in the cupboard and felt something soft MOVING...but it didn't get squished. I agree, they definitely help with the bugs.

How fun that the monkey came back, he must like you guys!

Holdyn is so cute, she seems like she's a good baby (from pictures at least!)

Heather B said...

Oops, wet, not web. ;)

Jackson's said...

I thought we were being invaded last night. I was ready to leave right then and there, and oops a firework display.. Who does firework at 10:30 at night?

Nadine said...

eewww! the thought of stepping on a little lizard gives me the chills. definitely keep the flip flops on the side of the bed for future bathroom trips. you're little girl is adorable. and thanks for the info on parker...it really set my mind at ease. if you hear anything else let me know.

Spencer and Mindy said...

Hey Seeeester!! so Sweet Fireworks, and is it just me or is Holdyn lookin so Stinkin' Cute in those last pics...FUN

** and i don't do bugs, lizards, monkeys, clowns, or anything else that is creepy** i'm lookin for ward to see in you and the fam in NOv, but Not the creepy crawly things...YIKES