Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yippee for Walking

As most of you know we were walking about 4.5 miles every morning with some of the gals in the SO. We walked M-F faithfully...that is until we were cornered by a local security guard and told we'd be arrested if we continued walking along a path near the Golf Course........which I might add we'd pass about 30 other walkers/joggers everymorning!!! He told us we were trespassing.......as for the others walking/jogging by....not a word was said to them. I guess it was only illegal for us with strollers to be walking there...nothing made much sense...but we decided to not get into any more trouble and we stopped walking there. It's not good to get a bad reputation here.....all of the locals remember your face and since it is such a small island...you see them again and again! It is best to keep the peace...after all we are guests on their island. This led to a month or so of not much exercise. The pounds and inches I was losing have jumped right back on and and brought their friends.

Thanks to a few of the other gals...I've been trying to get out and walk some new paths. One of these awesome gals is Hillary! She is a supermom...having 3 kiddo's here with her on the island. In this picture you can't see her youngest strapped to her back! We just started walking together near her apt....about 20 minutes drive from our place (only a couple miles).
There are quite a few great walking hills....when I say hills...I mean steep, straight up hills! They don't believe in the "zig zag" roads here...it is just straight up! I took a couple pictures but they don't do the incline quite the justice that it deserves! OBJECTS IN PICTURES ARE STEEPER THAN THEY APPEAR! Did I mension that I'm terrified of tripping and losing the stroller back down the hill?! If you slip on this, you wouldn't stop rolling until you hit the ocean! This is a valid concern seeing my track record of clumsiness!!

This next picture is looking back down the hill that we just conquered.... (you can click on it to enlarge) again... mucho steeper than it looks. After the first day of this my legs were sore! It felt GREAT!!
We get a lot of looks with the two of us pushing strollers.....Hillary's being a double jogger PLUS a little one strapped to her back! I don't know how she does it! I try to help out by pushing the double jogger sometimes...she is a toughie!
So what do we do after we exercise?!? WE EAT OF COURSE!! This is a random picture of me and cute Candace from Georgia eating at Pineapple Pete's restaurant.....one of the SO favorites!





6 comments:

Jackson's said...

Holy cow! I don't know if I can tackle those hills. You girls may have to push me up them.

Nadine said...

thats great that you have someone to go with. i bet that helps keep you both motivated and makes the trek not so boring.

Spencer and Mindy said...

Heck Yes! Those Up Hills are the BEST for the BUM!! I'm jealous you have someone to go walkin'/hiking with!!

Heather B said...

WOWZERS Jill, that IS a steep hill, I would be sore for weeks! That's so great, I hope I can have the same drive to get myself outta the house, friends always are the best help. Amazing that your friend is taking 3 kids up those hills!!

Sara :) said...

Jill you always look so dang cute.

Rainee said...

Wow, you have such happy life!! I am so jealous!