Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A couple days of fun....

Ben and I decided to make red beans and rice for Sunday dinner. We soaked the beans and ended up having WAY more than we thought. We invited some friends to share them with us... and STILL had enough to feed an army. Ben also got ambitious and made this French Bread... I only helped with the braiding and eating :) It tasted great, but we still have some tweeking to do to perfect it.

On Monday Ben had his first exams of his 3rd Semester... which he did GREAT on!!! Anyway, there were 3 students in his class who had birthday's within the last week. They had a HUGE birthday party for them at Skip Jack's Restaurant. It was GREAT!!
Here is a picture of part of the group.
Here is Candace and Richie Bridges. Ben studies with Richie and they took Great care of Ben while I was home. They are some of the great friends we've made here on St. Maarten!!

Yesterday we went snorkeling. It was kind of rainy and the water wasn't as clear as it usually is. BUT, we still had fun. This is Chad and Brittany. They are here managing a store on Front Street. They have one of the MANY starfish we saw yesterday!
Here is a picture of the Lobster trap. Still no Lobsters, but it was fun to see where it is at.
Okay these next pictures were taken by Justin and Ben when they were out snorkeling. They saw three stingrays in one day! Yikes!

Okay, be sure to click on this picture and enlarge it.... the stingray has spots on it like a leopard and the tail is like 5 ft long!!!

10 comments:

The Isoms said...

How fun! I wish we could party it up! I am glad to hear Ben is doing so great in school! Sorry no lobsters! That sting ray was pretty cool!

Rainee said...

That's very neat!! Glad you had a fun couple of days.

Rainee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elkington Home said...

That is awesome!! I would love to go snorkeling again. What an amazing stingray! Sounds like your family is doing good!

No longer exists said...

Awesome pictures of the underwater life!!! I loved seeing it! Thanks again for coming to celebrate with us the other night! It was GREAT!

Spencer and Mindy said...

Oh those underwater pics are sWEET!!



see you in a little while!! :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

That last picture is crazy!

Jackson's said...

What a great time you all have had. Good job Ben on your first set of tests!!!!

Rachel said...

Wow! I have been snorkeling once before, but never saw any sting rays. I probably wouldn't get in the water if I knew they were near. You guys are having some great adventures. Some you could probably do without, like a crab in your bedroom. Yikes and I felt like calling the bug man the other day because I ran into a spider in my laundry room the other day. It has been several months since I've spotted any insect in my home, but there I was almost talked into calling the bug man over one spider. Looks like I need to be thankful I don't have huge cockroaches and crabs running around my house! Thanks for putting it back into perspective for me Jill!

Pauline said...

Your pictures are beautiful I haven't been snorkeling for so long I miss it. I love your background how did you do that?