Friday, April 18, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!!

THE GOOD....


**Ben is finished with his 4th semester of Medical school HOORAY!!!  We are just waiting for his Pharmacology Shelf exam score to come sometime next week.  He did well in all of his other classes!  Way to go BABE!!!  We have him all to ourselves for about 2 and a half weeks YIPPEE!!!

**Ben finally got to go meet Ms. Janga, the midwife.  I had an appt today.  I guess I just need to take someone with me to each appt.  She is much friendlier when it isn't just me there.  Things are also looking good for the moment with the pregnancy :)  Kimber is a kicker for sure!  I think she is going to be a spazz just like her big sister Holdy-Locks.  

This is a picture of the hospital that I took while driving from our appt. today.  I'll try to get some better ones.  It really isn't the 'nicest' hospital I've been in, but a hospital nonetheless.

**Holdyn keeps wanting to sit on the potty :)  We haven't even begun to formally potty train her, but she LOVES to sit and pee pee on the potty.  She is especially good at getting the toilet paper and wiping her back, then flushing... it is great!  Hopefully, she continues to love it!!  


THE BAD.....

--Our leased/rental car has been in the shop 3 times during the last two weeks and it still doesn't run.  Since I'm the one who is driving it most of the time and I'm now over 7 months pregnant and have a 20 month old hooligan joint to my side.... I haven't dared venture out on my own in fear that it will die on me.  (If you've been here, or any Caribbean island you know there aren't many places to 'pull over' on a lot of the roads)  So I've been avoiding going anywhere all together.  We should be getting a different car sometime today though :) I just hope the A/C works as good as the older car!


--Our Neighbor's left early this morning.  They have
 three little kids who Holdyn LOVES to play with.... she's been running out our door and knocking on theirs and nobody is there... it is pretty sad!  Hopefully she realizes how fun I am :)


The UGLY.....

--I've been almost flat on my back since Sunday afternoon with a HORRIBLE Ear infection.  I had no idea how painful those things are!  I am finally feeling a bit better. I am still finishing up 2 anti-biotic treatments and I can't hear a thing out of my right ear. It is draining some nasty stuff though :)  It just started aching a little Sunday after church, but by Sunday night I was cringing in pain, and nearly in tears!  Monday Morning we went into the Dr. and it was pretty swollen.  The pain was awful, and being pregnant you can only take Tylenol for it.... which didn't seem to help during the first few days!  Anyway, I had pain shooting through my jaw, cheek, and all around the outside of my ear.  I was pretty miserable. It was even hard to eat anything because I couldn't chew.... all I wanted was A WENDY's FROSTY.... is that too much to ask?!  Thanks to some brave friends and neighbors who helped take Holdyn and sneak me in some numbing drops so Ben could study and take his final exams!  Poor Ben couldn't focus like he
 wanted to with me miserable..... but we made the best of it!
**On a different note, Holdyn LOVES to get into the post-it notes and these little marker note paper-things :)  The other day I found her with them stuck all over the floors, walls, and her cheeks..... if you can't beat them..... join'em!

6 comments:

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh man, your ear infection sounds horrible!!!! I hope you are feeling better! And yeah for Ben being finished with school for a couple weeks!

Heidi said...

I'm so happy for you guys that ben gets to spend some time off and with you guys. Thats sucks about the ear infection that sounds horriable, and being pregnant not to get any good meds is even worse. I hopr thingd look up for the next few weeks so you can enjoy ben. If you get a sugar craving call me I have a ton of good receipes. Take care

Sara :) said...

Sorry about the ear infection. That is just not fun. That's funny that you mention wendys frostys I had one today and yesterday but they werent that good. Take care.

Spencer and Mindy said...

Yay and CONGRATS BEN! your one smart cookie!! :) take some much needed and deserved time away from the Books this next 2.5 weeks and HAVE SOME FUN!!

Sorry again about the whole ear thing! :( i wish i could do more than eat a frosty for you!! :)

and for reals, get cuter holden!! i can't wait for you guys to be here soon, cuz you'll have 2 girls and i'll soon be having ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who WILL be best pals with Holdyn and Kimber!
And i'm so glad that the midwife was nice, guess you'll have to have Ben there everytime...he is Quite intimidating if you don't know him...but I know he's a softy! lol

anywho! call me if you are ever bored, or have a free minute, I love chatting with you!! :)
Luv you guys!!!!

Rainee said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of things has happened for the past few days. I hope your ear infection isn't going to get serious later. We'll pray for ya! Glad Ben is finally done for the semester at school!

Heather B said...

Congrats Ben, that's so wonderful! And poor you, Jill, that sounds soooooo painful!! I'm glad you could describe it, I've always wondered how much it really hurts these little babies when they get them. Poor thing. And Dang Tylenol. Doesn't do much to help.