Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's all about Holdyn

Holdyn has been loving having the attn of her daddy.  She just graduated from the port-o-crib...yes she is almost two and has only slept in a port-o-crib.  She has always been a great sleeper and never complained :)  Anyway, she is handling the switch very well!  
She also has been loving her crayons..... the chair apparantly needed a little more purple :)

This morning we were all awake a little before 6am... I know... even ME!  Ben is the morning person, but you don't see me up that early very often.  Since we were all up we decided to go fishing.  As you can see Holdyn is quite the helper.  She was great at spotting the fishies under the docks.
We even caught one today.... I didn't get a very good picture of it, I was videotaping Ben reel it in.  We sure had a great time.  It was the first time in awhile, that I'd accomplished soo much before 9am.  We went fishing, came back had breakfast and went upstairs and went swimming because it was soo warm outside.  I was ready for lunch and a nap by 10.  Good thing Ben was here to keep playing with Holdyn while I got in a much needed snooze.

7 comments:

Pauline said...

She is getting big. I am sorry to hear about your ear ache they are horrible I guess it is good for us mothers to get some things so we know what our children go through.

Julie said...

Yay for Holdyns new bed! We are getting ready to switch Sammy, but are not so sure how well it is going to go.

David is dying to go fishing! We went to Jamestown NY for Stake Conference last week and stopped at a lake for a picnic on the way home. Some guys were there fishing and while we sat at watched for 30 minutes they got like 5 fish! Gracie loved to see the fish too.

Congrats on the new car... hopefully it will work better for you.

I hope you are feeling better!!!!

Heidi said...

I'm glad that you and ben and holden get to spend some time togeather. It looks so nice to be out that early and not even have a jacket on. How nice would that be. I can't beleive holden is almost two. Thats gone by way to fast. I love the little car. Thats so funny. I think brielle has the same dress that holden is wearing in the picture. Got to love old navy.

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh boy...Gotta Love the 'Friendly Island' cars! that's too funny! i can only imagine you all squished in there! that's classic!!

and i can't beleive that you were up at 6!!!!! *and i'm also ready for lunch and a nap at about 10:30 Everyday! lol

keep the pics coming!
Luv you guys!!

Sara :) said...

I can't believe how grown up Holdyn looks. She is so cute.

Emma said...

What a fun time to have Ben home for awhile. And look at him cathing a fish before breakfast!

The Isoms said...

6 AM??? Are you guys crazy! LOL
Raylie loves to color on EVERYTHING to!
Good luck with the bed, hopefully she likes it and will still be a great sleeper!