Monday, May 14, 2007

Deepsea Fishing!!!

We had the great opportunity to go deep sea fishing with some of our greatest friends, Candace and Richie Bridges. They had a friend visiting, Courtney, and they wanted to go deep sea fishing. We were lucky they let us tag along :) I ended up catching a Tuna and Ben caught a Mahi Mahi! YUMMY!

Here is Richie with his Mahi Mahi!

Here are the flags on top of our boat on the way back into the bay. They represent the fish we caught. The yellow one is Mahi Mahi, and the white is Tuna.

So after Candace reeled in her Mahi Mahi, it got crazy, the fish just flipped all over the back of the boat... kind of freaked all the girls out!

Another boat out to sea.
Here is Ben sipping on a Diet Coke. We were the only ones who didn't get sea sick!
The infamous Simpson Bay Bridge..... it was different seeing it from the water and not from the car.
Here's our boat!!! The "Taylor Made!"
Here is our Captain. They were generous enough to let us take home some of the fish to eat. Normally, they keep it and sell it at the market.
Not sure what I'm doing, but Candace is still cleaning up the fish blood from the Mahi Mahi's that were jumping around her.


Candace and Courtney with their big catches!






Ben reeled in a Mahi Mahi!
I reeled in the Tuna... small but feisty fish!
Here is the group of us! It was a GREAT DAY! Thanks also to Justin and Hillary for taking Holdyn for the day!!


14 comments:

Sara :) said...

Wow, check out the fish! I would be totally freaked out!

jaesi said...

oh fun! We went deep sea fishing once when we were in Mexico. We pulled all sorts of creatures out of the water. What did you do with the fish?

Cluff Family said...

Sara- these were definitely freaky freakin fish once they were on deck!

Jaesi- We did have a blast! Here they normally don't let you keep the fish...the captain sells them at the market or at restraunts. But this time they let us keep one tuna, and one mahi mahi to split between the five of us. We ended up with about ten pounds of fish...DELICIOUS!! LOVE IT!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Look like lots of fun!! Fun in the sun!!

Spencer and Mindy said...

Ok EEEEWWWWWW! that grosses me out. all the fish and loook how HUGE they are! yikes, i may be re-thinking the swimming in the ocean plan...yikes! fish freak me out!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a catch - those fish are BIG! Nice they let you share some of the catch to enjoy. Glad it was a fun time for you. . .
Love, Mom

Emma said...

Nice! I love to fish and I love tuna! Those are some massive beast! That can't be what my tuna in a can looks like before!?

Heather B said...

I love the storybook slideshow, that was fun!! I went deep sea fishing once and escaped the sea-sickness too, it can be pretty brutal though! There's just nothing like fresh fish.

The Isoms said...

Josh is totally jealous he wants to go deep sea fishing! Great catch! Do you get to keep the fish to eat?

The Bundys said...

So Im getting my stalking confession out in the open. I totally remember you from hs and i think we played washington city sports together when we were way young....ANYWAY! i went deep sea fishing when i was 4 months prego with my first and pucked so much! my father in law was with us and tells me i had the good bait though....gross!

Morgan said...

That is a great slideshow!! What fun! I bet the fish tasted great too!

Anonymous said...

Megan....I totally remember you from Washington city soccer!! I was looking at your blog on my sister, Mindy's and when I saw your picture I totally remembered you from that and from HS. You have an adorable family! -Jill

Cluff Family said...

MINDY- Don't let these monsters scare you ...they only live in the "DEEP SEA" hence deep sea fishing. We caught these in over 1000 ft of water...way farther out than I'd go swimming :) You'll be safe swimmin in the ocean waters when you come...I promise LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still Scared!! How is the 'Mission: Roach Extermination" coming along...LOL

~mindylu