Friday, March 28, 2008

Bit of an Update...

Here is poor Holdyn..... all ready with nowhere to go.  We haven't been walking the past week and she is going nuts!  So she spends her time in the bubbles of her tinsy bathtub (since real bathtubs are hard to find here).  

Things have been going pretty well.  Last weekend, however, my tummy started to feel like it was going to fall out the bottom :) (Hence no morning walks) I started having a lot of pressure "down low."  After a few days of it not getting any better we went into the midwife.  She sent us for some tests and for another ultrasound.  It is definitely a girl.  Also, I have another bacterial infection and my placenta is sitting very low.  They say there is still time for it to rise, but it is sitting right on the cervix... causing the pressure every time I stand.  So, I'm on a 'take it easy' order.... which is kind of hard with a crazy-wild toddler.  But we're doing the best we can.  :)  Hopefully it gets better soon. I'm going nuts not being able to stand for more than a couple minutes at a time, and I definitely don't want to be put on bedrest.  Plus, I don't want to have to worry about the medical facilities being advanced enough to deal with any problems.    Not much else going on right now.  Just trying to take it easy :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holdyn looks so grown up posing there but what a s a d little face; - breaks my heart :(
Wish we were there to help you out - please take care & know that we love you!!
Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Holdyn looks so grown up posing there but what a s a d little face; - breaks my heart :(
Wish we were there to help you out - please take care & know that we love you!!
Love, Mom & Dad

Ashley said...

Holdyn looks so grown up in that top picture! I hope the infection gets better and everything goes the way it should. I'll be thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything, even an afternoon off from Holdyn! And yay its still a girl!!!

Stucki Family said...

Okay, so I wish you guys were closer so we could help! It is hard being pregnant and having a little one too! Good luck!

Heidi said...

Wow holden looks to big. I hope everything is going ok , Its got to be frustrating when you got to stay down and take care of holden. I've been there before but I didn't live in another country. Take care and let us know what we can do to help. I would love to come visit but we would have to bring all the kids and it would not be cheap.Take care.

Rainee said...

Has she grown that fast already?! I am sorry to hear the struggles with the pregnancy. Pregnant sure does give ladies some limitations to do things. I hope it will all work out soon.

Stacy and Mike said...

Hey don't know if you remember me...good ol' Comfort Cottage...anyway, I thought I'd say hi since I found your blog, your little girl is just beautiful! and congrats on the upcoming baby...hope all goes well!

No longer exists said...

Jill--- please let me know what I can do to help! It must be sooo hard to stay still, especially with Holdyn! Hope you are feeling okay! Let me know what I can do !

Julie said...

Holdyn looks so cute and pouty.

I hope everything is ok. Take it easy!

Julie said...

Holdyn looks so cute and pouty in that first picture!

Wow, that is really scary that your placenta is so low. We will be praying that it moves up!!!! Take it easy (or at least as easy as you can)!

Julie said...

Sorry I keep leaving comments, I just realized that they aren't posting because you are approving them first. he he he. I know I am a little lame. Oh well, talk to you later.

Julie

Morgan said...

Oh wow! For sure take it easy!! Easier said than done though I know with a toddler!

The Isoms said...

What a sad little face! All ready, but now where to go! Love the tub, she won't know what to think of the tubs here!
Try to take it easy! You can always come home early:)!

Spencer and Mindy said...

just ship holdyn off to auntie Mimi's house. I'll take care of her for ya!! ;)
Keep off those feet and take it easy for sure!! Call me if you get bored! lol

luv you guys!

jaesi said...

Holdyn looks soooo old in that picture!
Hooray for a girl!!!!
Feel better, dont end up with some wild St Marten hospital story for us ;)

Heather B said...

Oh man, that is stressful, and the infection isn't fun...are you in pain? Those pictures of Holdyn are so cute, poor girl wanting to go out...she looks SO big all of a sudden! (or did I say that last time...)

Jackson's said...

Holden isn't a little baby anymore, she looks like a little princess of a girl. How cute. I hope you are feeling ok. Don't do to much, I would hate to see you have to use the medical facilities on the ROCK....WOW!! You take it easy girl. You are in our prayers.

Becky Seymour said...

Good luck with all of that Jill! I have had 2 bacteria infections during this pregnancy, but I can't imagine having that much pressure that it is hard to walk a lot. I hope it gets better! Your daughter is darling! I will have to tell Katie that I blog stalk you! Becky

Becky Seymour said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.