Thursday, November 12, 2009

A date with the 'Singer'

For the past few days I've been sitting at the Singer, letting the girls run wild while I worked on the mending that's been piling up the past year. I also volunteered to help make baby blankets for a humanitarian project the church is working on. (It's perfect since Ben is gone for 30 hours at a time... and only home to sleep before heading off to the OR again. We're sure glad he doesn't want to be a surgeon!)

Thanks to a Mother in Law who knows and actively participates in the 'art' of yard sales, I inherited this sewing machine that has already proved it is worth more than she paid for it :)
Here are a few of the blankets, now it's time to start working on Christmas presents :)

3 comments:

Cluffers said...

Way to go! Looks like work though.

Spencer and Mindy said...

seriously did not know you had it in you! atta girl!!!

Andrus Family said...

You have been holding out on me, someday I will enjoy sewing.