Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baby Cody is on the way!!

Well, the pants are getting tighter and the stomach continues to churn...oh and I'm ALWAYS hungry.... I'm 18 weeks pregnant and super excited to finally get our little boy! I've been wanting to blog and document this for a long time so I'm sure I'm going to forget many things I wanted to share. Anyway, Ben and I were very nervous and scared to have another child join our family. I'd always felt there was another kid in our future...however, after having Kimber diagnosed with the genetic disease of Cystic Fibrosis...we were more hesitant. We wouldn't trade Kimber for the world and we cherish every moment we have with her. However, the disease is a very expensive and exhausting one to maintain health. I know of families who have two and even three kids with CF and I didn't know if I would be emotionally and physically strong enough to handle it. Anyway, we had somewhat convinced ourselves that we were done with our two girls. One day when we were talking about it, we went to the temple and decided to do some thinking and praying about the situation. Both Ben and I had the impression we had another baby that we needed to join our family. It was a terrifying feeling, but we both felt good and knew it was the right thing to do. After we found out we were expecting, we were still terrified. We had the amniocentesis as soon as we could and got the results last week that our little one is a BOY and that he does not have CF, but he is a carrier of the gene. We were so grateful. We are still awaiting some other results from the amnio...but we are so thankful things are looking good. I am due February 6th and we are planning on naming him Cody. We don't have a middle name for sure picked yet, we have some options, but that will come soon. We feel very blessed and the girls are super excited to have a baby brother!!!


7 comments:

The Conway's said...

Great news!! Our little one is due February 22nd so we are super close!!
Glad to hear Cody is CF free :)

Rainee said...

Maybe you could name after your friend who passed away, maybe your friend's father? I dunno. It's a memory that might pass on as an honor or something. Just a thought. You guys might have a better inspiration. Congratulations Jill. I'm so happy for you both!

Jackson's said...

That is awesome. You will love all the "boy" stuff. They are very fun.

Wendy said...

How exciting!! Congratulations, Jill!!

Heather B said...

COOL experience, I am so happy you guys are getting your little boy. YEAH for temple revelation!

Shonna said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting you're having a boy! Boys are soooo much fun!

sandy said...

Congrats to you both! That is wonderful! I am so happy for you!