Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whitni's Funeral

Whitni's funeral was yesterday.....it was a tearjerker for me. A group of friends was able to sing the opening song, "I need Thee Every Hour." I was pretty sure I'd cry through most of it, and I was right. I made the mistake of looking down at Jared and Laurie (Whitni's husband and mom) right before and I couldn't sing until the last verse, and even then it was on and off. Luckily everyone else could and did beautifully!! Her sweet husband Jared, and his parents, all of her brothers and her parents all spoke of memories of Whitni. We were laughing and crying throughout the rest of the program. The hardest part for me was when they played a slideshow of Whitni's life and her mother read her testimony in the background. It took all of my strength to not start weeping aloud. Luckily, I kept my sobs to a minimum noise level. It really was a beautiful service in honor of a beautiful woman!

Here is some of the amazing display of her life. She really did accomplish so much in her 30 short years.

Here's to you Whit! Diet Coke all around!
Here is a group of us with Whit at the cemetery.
It was especially hard for me to watch Jared during and after the services.
I could see the emotions in him and I remember feeling most of them,
it is really indescribable pain to lose a spouse so young.

Here are the pallbearers. It was one amazing group of men....her
husband, father, brothers, and friends.

I looked awful by this point.... lots of tears will do that to you. Anyway, we gave Whitni Red roses, because when we were in High School we took the color personality test and Whitni was a solid Red. She was labeled the 'red' of the group from then on. We love you Whitni! We will truly miss you but we hope your legacy of love will live on through us!

3 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh man... can't stop the tears. Sounds like a beautiful tribute to her. *and jill you look Great!

Tonya Peterson said...

xoxo

Heather B said...

whew. this is beautiful, as is your other post about spending time with her there at the end. I'm totally tearing up. I don't even know what to say.