Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Grandma's Funeral

There was a beautiful funeral service for Grandma Oakeson. My mom gave an excellent talk on Grandma's life and all she had accomplished. The great-grandkids sang, and my Uncle John also gave a great talk. We were sure glad our family could attend!

Here is Ben with his two girlies.
Brielle and Holdyn
Here is Holdyn at the Luncheon.
Debbie, John, Lynette, Phil, Susan, Blaine
(Grandma's kids and their spouses)
John, Lynette, Blaine
Grandma's 3 living children
Jason, Brad, Adam, Brenda, Jill, Mindy
My siblings


The Pallbearers
The Great-Grandkids all sang a few songs during the service. Here they are practicing. They did a great job. Grandma had 27 Great Grand kids!
Here are the cousins on my side... all except Sophee...
we missed you Sophers!

3 comments:

The Isoms said...

What great pictures! It is so fun to get together with family, but it is sad that it is funerals to do that.

The Calico Crew said...

I remember visiting your granma's house once...maybe twice. What are they going to do with it now? That's the worst thing is the memories that go with homes like that. I still think about my g-ma's house that has been sold and my kids will never get to see. ahhh such is life...it's just "stuff". I bet it was fun to be with family--although your baby had a great rash to show for it. Lots of miles but awesome support for your mom, I'm sure!

Rainee said...

wow! its nice to see pictures that's not so sad when someone is gone. It's like, they're glad she lived a long life or something like that.