Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Good week!


I don't know where Holdyn gets her "It's all about me attitude."  She has been soo much fun these last few days.  I don't think she knows that her life, as she knows it, is about to be turned completely upside down.  From Beaches to Desert, from tile to carpet in just another 10 DAYS!!!!!!
Our neighbors have gone home for the break already so we had to say good bye to them.  Here is Holdyn with McKenzie and Sidney.  Holdyn LOVED these girls and so did I. They would come over and help me just about every day!  They would always ask if I had any cleaning or packing or just anything for them to help me with.  They played with Holdyn and were great babysitters! They  were a HUGE help the last months of pregnancy and since we've had the baby.  We will miss you guys!!!
We went and visited a few families from church.  We've been packing up and getting rid of a lot of clothes and other things and the people here really appreciate and need.  So we visited the Singh family (Above) and below is a picture of the neighborhood of another member. Many local people live in poverty.  It is sad to see, and it has made us appreciate what we've been blessed with!

We went to Mason's birthday party.  Ben was outside with Kimber and 'the guys' at the grill making the hotdogs.  Below is Holdyn sitting patiently while I made her plate for dinner.  She is just chillin with the boys! We had a great time!

We went fishing in Marigot as a family and we caught two little fish.... one is on the line in the picture... yep, I said they were little fish.  But while we were there a HUGE manta stingray swam underneath us.  It was at least 10 feet wide!  We both about wet our pants! We didn't know what it was until we got home and did some research.  They get up to 22 ft wide!!!!  
Yep, it is Bedtime and Holdyn is hiding.

5 comments:

Emma said...

10 days! Wahooo!

Stucki Family said...

Jill, I can't wait to see you guys! They girls are beautiful and I love all the pictures. I don't know if you remember my sister Becky, but she's says hello, and your kids are darling! By the way...Annie has a man! (and he is cute and does have all ten toes and fingers) :-)

Julie said...

Only 10 more days! I can't believe it!!! Congrats you guys! So now on to rotations right? It is so crazy to see and hear all of the stuff you have gone through living there. Good luck with the move! I thought it was hard moving across the country. I can't imagine moving out of one! You are amazing!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Wow - only 10 more days. Where are you guys moving to then?

The Isoms said...

How fun! We get to play in just 10 short days!
What a great couple of girls! To just come over and ask to help you with something...there parents have raised them right!