Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Doing my part to stop alcoholism....

Okay, so this is really one of my most embarrassing moments!! If you are not sitting down you might want to. So in the states you go to the grocery store and they occasionally have sample tables. You know the ones with toothpicks stuck into the bitsized piece of chicken or the little plastic cups filled with chex mix.....well, in the caribbean they only have these sample tables with the latest and most expensive alcoholic invention. Free samples to all no matter what age....Captain Jack Sparrow says it best..."Welcome to the Caribbean!"

I was at the grocery store yesterday pushing the cart along when Holdyn decides to start fussing. She was in her carseat attached to the front of the cart, facing me. So I start making funny faces and talking to her when suddenly out of nowhere I hear and feel a .... "Bump...roll.....crash.... crash ....shatter....crash....and splash!" You guessed it! While I was having an intense baby talk session with Holdyn, the cart I was pushing somehow bumped into the sample table with the fine alcoholic beverages! The rolling was the sound of the display bottles of liquor rolling to their destruction on the tile floor! That'll make them think twice before they decide to do free samples of that stuff again!

Just doing my part! "If you can't beat 'em.....Break 'em" Hope you all get a good laugh out of this....I do now, but I wanted to cry yesterday!
I offered to pay for it and clean it up but I think they just wanted me out of there.

8 comments:

Julie Kohler said...

Oh Jill! That is something I can totally see my self doing! You can't see anything over that car seat when it is on the cart! Just wait until you have one of those carts that have a 'Car' in front for an older child(Ben)to drive, then a carseat on top with Maddi in it! Trying to manuver that and not look like a fool is so fun... :) Way to go on the war against alcohol!! You are my hero!

Spencer and Mindy said...

The Things My Sister Does. Your Blog should be called "a Day in the Life of Jill, watch out Crazy things WILL HAPPEN"...hee hee

luv ya sis.

~mindylu

Crystal said...

That is SO funny!! Thanks for the laugh.

The Isoms said...

Are you sure you didn't have a little sip first?! I thought I was the only one who can't see over the cart? No better way to get rid of alcoholic beverages than a simple "accident" right! Way to go!

Sara :) said...

It sounds like you had a pretty crazy day.

ChrissyLee said...

I loved that story! That's so funny!

Kristen said...

Sounds like something I would do!

AdaMartha said...

Jill, You Rock! Thanks for the good laugh! So, did Holdyn stop fussing with all the fun happenings? Hope so. You'll have to try it again at another store. Just kidding.