Tuesday, February 6, 2007

A Little about Us

Well, my name is Jill and I was born in Draper, UT. My family has 6 kids and a wonderful mom and dad. We moved to Washington, UT, when I was just an adorable 3 year old. I went to school there and graduated from Pine View High School and later Dixie State College. I then served an LDS mission in Sacramento, California where I was able to work with the deaf people and use my ASL. There are now 16 1/2 grandkiddo's on my side.

We have a lot of fun when we all get together. Ben was born in San Diego, CA and is also from a great family. He has 7 brothers and sisters. I think there are 22 grand kids on that side. He is from Fredonia, AZ where he graduated from Fredonia High School and attended Dixie as well, then on to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ. Ben served a mission in Brisbane, Austraulia where he made a lot of great friends and memories. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the Cluff family...HINT HINT!!


Well, Ben and I are also blessed to have a 3rd family, The Palmer's! I was married to the amazing and hillarious Charlton Robert Palmer on Sept. 25, 2004. We were able to spend just over 4 great months as companions when Charlton went home to our Heavenly Father to continue his mission. He had Cystic Fibrosis, and it eventually got the best of him. He was an optimist to the end!! One of our favorite things to do now as a family is to go to his grave in the Washington Cemetary and make sure it is decorated for the season. Ben and I were Married in Fredonia, AZ. We moved to Flagstaff, AZ, where Ben continued his education at NAU, and graduated in 2006. While we were here we found out that we were pregnant.




We made a lot of good friends and great memories in Flagstaff. I worked as a substitute ASL interpreter for the Arizona Schools for the Deaf and blind while Ben attended his classes. When Ben finished up at NAU we moved back to St. George. Where we had our new precious baby girl...Holdyn Lynette. She is named after a little girl I know from my mission...Holdyn Bray, and the middle name is after her Grandma Baker. She is such a wonderful baby. If they are all like her we might have a few more.

Well, Holdyn is fortunate enough to have 3 sets of Grandparents the Baker's (Washington, UT), Palmer's (Syracuse, UT),and the Cluff's (Fredonia, AZ). She also has Great Grandma Oakeson, who lives in South Jordan, UT, and Great Grandma And Great Grandpa Carr, who are now living in Tuscon, AZ.




Well, just a few days after Christmas, Ben, Holdyn and I packed up and moved to the island of St. Maarten, N.A. in the Caribbean. Ben is a med student here at AUC (American University of the Caribbean) and I am a beach bum....I really feel like I am here on vacation. I've made quite a few friends with girls in the Spouses Organization (all of our husbands are in Med School...so we hardly see them). We get together and go to the beaches, go on daily morning walks, and do all sorts of activities to keep us and our kids entertained. We are doing absolutely great and would love to have as many visitors as we can. Island life is FANTASTIC!!







5 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

what a GREAT Lookin FAMILY...Ü

~Mindylu

Sara :) said...

I love your new blog. Keep updating it.

Heather B said...

Hey Jill! I love the new blog, the pictures, the layout, everything. I'm glad you updated on the last few years of your life too, for those of us who haven't seen you for ages!! I'm glad you are doing good out there! How long will you guys be there?

Love, Deborah said...

Hi Jill!! I love your blog, I didn't know you had a baby!! Congrats!! I am totally jealous of all your beautiful beach pictures!! I will come check it out when this St. George winter gets me down! :)

Anonymous said...

HI Jill!!!
THis is Jaesi. Remember me? I found your site through Crystal Fawsons. How are you and your fam? YOur babe is soooooo cute!!! I love her name!
I had no idea that you moved to a far off land! that is great. You are farther away than I am.
My email is jaesimelessa@hotmail.com
I would love to stay in contact with you. I know that email is a great thing when you are far away from fam and friends.
so when you ge a minute... write back.
Love ya Jaesi