Saturday, February 17, 2007

Nettle Bay & Friar's Bay

We made it to a couple of new beaches with the SO today!! Yippee! It is soo fun exploring the island! We first went to Nettle Baie....We didn't stay long because the rocks and spiny urchants came right up to shore....not very friendly to kids who like to play in the shallow water. But there was a cool boat that had been washed ashore...So we took some pictures and headed to the next beach in line..Friar's. It was perfect!The water was smooth and shallow. Ashley and I decided to take a snorkeling adventure. There was a guy who was coming in from snorkeling and he had 4 fish and an octapus that he had caught......which made it a little scary for us to head out...once again knowing that there are things like octapus's that are in the water we are swimming in.....but I'm trying to be brave! So we headed out. Well, we got out a way and saw some beautiful tropical colored fish. We decided to find some shells that we could dive down and get and take back to the shore. Ashley found hers and I was looking for mine.....I found it and dove down...no problem except, we didn't have anyplace to put the shells to swim back. Ashley had a tankini on and I had my onepiece and was like....no problem I'll just put them down my swimsuit......PROBLEM!! We were swimming back toward the shore and I felt a pinch on my belly.....you guessed it my shell had the seacreature still living inside!!!!!!!! I about drowned trying to get it out of my suit! I finally wrestled it out and chucked it down. Ashley and I watched as it fell to the bottom of the ocean floor. It sat still for a moment......then out came the creature...a black slithery looking thing!! YIKES!! It is a pretty funny story but I still have a red, quartersized mark on my belly where it tried to eat me! But hey, it was worth the good story!

6 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

Holdyn is so cute! She's getting so old! I love her cute island dress!!!

Crystal said...

Aaahh!! I would freak out if a sea creature tried to eat me! I'm glad you survived!

Heather B said...

Wow! Scary/freaky story! Your tan is looking nice!

Spencer and Mindy said...

JIlly You are CRAZY!! when i was reading your story, all i could think about was that one time that Misti Turek found a roach in her suit.....heee heee, I can't beleive that you put shells down your suit and a Sea Creature started eating you!!!!!! How Scary and FUNNY!!! Good Times!

Sara :) said...

Ok I would be so freaked out if something black and slithery was in my swimming suit.

Spencer and Mindy said...

p.s. Nice hair scarf....totally looks better on you than me..

~mindylu